Chief Financial Officer
|February 10, 2012 - April 10, 2012|
|Location:||Nevada City, CA|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k), Company Bonus Plan, Paid Vacation|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||As a key member of the company’s Executive Committee, the CFO will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, corporate insurance, audit, banking, Board of Directors reporting, strategic planning, investor relations, deal analysis, financial regulatory compliance and private and institutional financing. |
Ideal Candidate Competencies:
• Managed and grown software companies where license and maintenance are core elements of the business model.
• Experience with software revenue recognition (for example establishing VSOE/SOP 97-2) and accounting practices, as well as effectively driving operational improvements in a software company are required.
• Services experience (understanding utilization, billing rates, services margins, etc.
• Collaborate with management and the Board to design financial and operating metrics, analytics and reports to manage the business and identify key value levers of the business to drive revenue and EBITDA growth.
• Generate analyses to support and test key business decisions (ROI, buy/build alternatives, add-on opportunities, etc.) as well as prepare all necessary financial reports internally and externally (profitability by product, etc.). Make recommendations to management and the Board and work closely with management in the annual budgeting process and in tracking financial results versus budget and prior years’ performance.
• Bring a strong operating skill set cultivated in an environment known for “best practices” financial analysis.
• He/she will manage the business with strong financial discipline and bottom-line orientation (EBITDA, cash flow management, etc.), and bring an operational intensity to the business and identify the economic levers and key metrics of the Company’s business and drive operational focus around those initiatives.
Will thrive in an entrepreneurial, low-hierarchy, product-driven culture. The CFO will be a decisive, intelligent, results-oriented leader. He/she will be innovative and driven, with a superior ability to execute. Importantly, the CFO will have excellent communication skills and possess the interpersonal and leadership qualities required to recruit and retain a best of breed finance team.
Ideally, the CFO will bring experience working in a company with a leveraged balance sheet and will understand the balance sheet impact of cash flow and leverage, and will be effective as the spokesperson to debt holders, shareholders, and the Board. The ideal candidate brings previous experience as a stand-alone CFO of a private equity-backed portfolio company (or public company with debt on the balance sheet).
Requires 15 or more year’s relevant senior financial management and operational experience within a software business. The preferred candidate will hold a CPA or equivalent certification and an MBA or appropriate advanced degree.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.