QA Software Test Technician, Tier I
|November 20, 2012 - March 25, 2013|
|Location:||Nevada City, CA|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k), Company Bonus Plan, Paid Vacation|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||QA Test Technician, Tier II (Desktop Products)|
Must have experience with MAC Operating Systems.
Takes full responsibility for the planning of test processes for individual products as assigned by the QA Manager.
• Expert level knowledge of the functional and component level knowledge of the product being tested.
• Proficient knowledge of signal paths. Understands how to setup and pipe video from one machine to another.
• Develop, write and execute test plans to qualify various products functionality.
• Create tools to aid in the testing of product.
• Consistently discovers many vital issues/bugs within the product as a result of an expert level knowledge of the product as well as the other components in the workflow.
• Acts as a resource to other technicians as well as other departments for the testing and qualification of assigned product lines.
• Immediately reports product short-comings in quality and follows through with the fixes to completion.
• Maintains the knowledge base and disseminates that knowledge continuously to the entire team.
• Define bugs in a defect database in a manner that allows for accurate reporting and good communications to engineers.
• Run advanced tests across multiple platforms.
• Assist others with setting up systems and developing testing methodologies.
• Analyzes video and audio for quality including:
video and audio sync
video field interlacing quality
audio channel mapping
closed caption inclusion
video rate convers
• Two years College (or equivalent) plus a minimum of three years directly related work experience.
• Expert level proficiency in software testing – both performance and functional. Maintains a skillful test technique that has resulted from multiple years of experience.
• Expert knowledge of multiple platforms and the installation of those platforms to various Operating Systems.
• Expert knowledge of analysis tools and is able to train others on their usage.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft and/or Apple operating systems as well as networking processes.
• Programming capability (e.g. JAVA, Objective C, Batch Scripting, C++)
• Punctual, reliable attendance is required.
• Ability to communicate effectively with employees and management of the organization.
• Shows the ability to lead and/or mentor junior technicians.
• Ability to set priorities and/or ask for assistance in setting priorities if needed.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.