QA Software Technician, Tier I
|November 20, 2012 - December 20, 2012|
|Location:||Nevada City, CA|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k), Company Bonus Plan, Paid Vacation|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||QA Software Technician, Tier I (Transcoder Group)|
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Follow test plans to qualify various products functionality.
• Finds and reports bugs to the company database.
• Define bugs in a defect database in a manner that allows for accurate reporting and good communications to engineers.
• Check and verify patch functionality by following written test plans and known test patterns.
• Explore with manager or fellow workers best methods to further test and fully qualify patches.
• Run simultaneous tests across multiple platforms with efficiency.
• Understands how to use various broadcast servers to qualify outputs.
• Understands networking and how data flows through networked applications.
• Independently uses available resources, such as the internal wiki, on-line tools, or JIRA, to find answers to questions that pertain to the quality of the various software/hardware products.
• analyzes video and audio for quality, including:
• video and audio sync
• video field interlacing quality
• frame accuracy
• audio channel mapping
• closed caption inclusion
• video rates
• video rate conversion
• Shows initiative by learning to use assigned applications by reading manuals.
• Good understanding of how to create a clean test system.
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Thorough knowledge of Quality Assurance process
• Thorough knowledge of Testing- performance and functional
• Knowledge of Microsoft and/or Apple operating systems as well as networking processes.
• Punctual, reliable attendance is requited.
• Ability to communicate effectively with employees and management of the organization.
• Ability to set priorities and/ or ask for assistance in setting priorities if needed.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.